Monday, November 14, 2011

Paring, Parting, Partying. Not necessarily in that order.

Today is bittersweet. Today, I leave Goreme.

Living here for five weeks has been a blessing that I am incredibly thankful for. Fairy Chimney Inn is my home away from home. No one can replace my true family, but my hosts here have done a fine job of making me feel at home and part of the fam. Leaving Goreme is like leaving home again.

That's the bad news. Good news is:  I'm hitting the road! The season here has slowed down tremendously and I am more or less ready to move on. I'm off to Turkey's Mediterranean coast, home of historic ruins, warm(er) weather, hiking, and beaches galore. Photos and blog post coming soon...hopefully.

Here are some photos from Andus' birthday party on 11/11/11. I abandoned the camera in favor of raki once guests started showing up, so these are "before" shots.
Duran, grillin some kebap
Beer and raki
FOOD!

Oh, and I shaved the beard monster. No Shave November is officially off.

4 comments:

  1. dude, that beard was a crime against humanity. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. Justice has been served!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot!!!!!! I am the biggest fan of No No Shave November ever! Glad I don't have to warn all my friends here anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the beard on the plate is gross. lol. and i like how when we skyped i didn't even notice the beard was gone. clearly i am a terrible friend.

    ReplyDelete